CEO, Satoshi Tomita, Ph.D.
Satoshi Tomita, Ph.D.
President & CEO, CVC JAPAN, Inc.
- Dr. Satoshi Tomita received his Ph.D. in Media and Governance after completing the doctoral program at the Graduate School of Policy and Media Studies at Keio University. He got his MA from the Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University. He got his BA in Policy Management from Keio University.
- He is managing his own consulting firm to develop new business, arrangement of corporate alliances, support sales activities and M&A, situated in Aoyama, Tokyo. The firms has provided their services to over 200 client companies, including listed in the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange for over 10 years.
- He is managing two corporate venture capital funds for Japanese large company, investing in startups in the US, mainly California, Singapore, Australia, and so on.
- He once participated in launching an independent VC and also has the experience of achieving IPO of his own VC and several investment companies. Furthermore, in the division of fund management at Sumitomo Trust & Banking Co., Ltd., he served as a gate keeper in Japan for domestic and foreign VC funds.
- He is a former full-time assistant professor(VC theory, entrepreneur development course first representative) at Osaka City University. He studied abroad at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He is a former research fellow at University of California, San Diego.
- From 2017 to 2020 he was appointed as a professor(specially appointed) of the Graduate School of Business Administration at Rikkyo University, where he is responsible for venture capital theory, alliance strategy theory, commercialization of technology, business plan preparation, and seminars (graduate study).
- As for literary works, he wrote and published “Textbook for developing new business ~ Strongest skills to be acquired as a business leader” (long-selling repeated edition), “The alliance strategy in the IoT era ~ Proposal of mathematical model of corporate alliances and artificial intelligence” (academy award winner), “Textbook for the usage of CVC ~a practical tool of open innovation”, “Alliance Thinking”, and two other books.
- In addition, he also held presentations at academic conferences at international venues, including winning two awards as well as submitting papers to international journals.